As of Winter Nuts 2018, you will only be able to qualify for OCREC and OCRWC on Sunday. Please make sure when you register that you tick the ‘I am aiming to qualify box’. If you are unsure of whether you have ticked this box, you can log into your active account and check/change it. If you have already registered for the Saturday, please let us know and we’ll happily transfer you to the Sunday!
Qualifying at Nuts for a Championship race is changing!
24-hour Enduro ProQualifying Criteria: Top 5 overall in your gender in either the 21k or 28k distance
3k & 15k Age Group Qualifying Criteria: Top 10 finish in your age group in the 21k or top 15 in your age group in the 28k (4 laps) distance
3k & 15k Pro Qualifying Criteria: Top 5 overall finish in your gender in either the 21k or 28 k distance
A New Bib System for 2018!
We are also introducing a new bib system, gone are the days of wristband cutting!
If you are aiming to qualify, you must collect a bib from registration. The colour bib will represent how many laps you are doing and will not affect which championship you are aiming to qualify for.
If you are wearing a bib…:
- You are expected to try every obstacle and run the full course.
- If you are seen skipping an obstacle or part of the course you will be asked to remove your bib by a marshal and will be disqualified from being able to qualify.
- If you are seen to be disrespecting any marshals or other runners on the course, you will be disqualified (it will be the decision of the Nuts Team)
- You can remove yourself from qualification if you do not want to do an obstacle that does not have a penalty loop option. Hand the bib over to a marshal and continue with the race.
- In finishing the last lap, return your bib to where it was collected and your name will be noted as completed and eligible to qualify.
Please then give us 3-5 working days post race to verify the list of names and inform OCRWC and OCREC of the results.
The bibs will also make you more visible to other runners and marshals as someone aiming to qualify.
We have introduced this as a means of cutting down on accusations of cheating on the course and people skipping obstacles. This has come from the feedback we have received from both runners and marshals.