As of Winter Nuts 2018, you will only be able to qualify for OCREC and OCRWC on Sunday. Please make sure when you register that you tick the ‘I am aiming to qualify box’. If you are unsure of whether you have ticked this box, you can log into your Active account and check/change it.
Qualifying at Nuts for a Championship race is changing!
24-hour Enduro ProQualifying Criteria: Top 5 overall in your gender in either the 21k or 28k distance. Top 3 overall in your gender Limitless – min 5 laps Winter, 6 laps Summer.
3k & 15k Age Group Qualifying Criteria: Top 5 in your age group in the 14km. Top 10 finish in your age group in the 21km. Top 15 in your age group in the 28k (4 laps) distance. Auto qualification Limitless – min 5 laps Winter, min 6 laps Summer.
3k & 15k Pro Qualifying Criteria: Top 3 overall in gender for 14km. Top 5 overall finish in your gender in either the 21k or 28 k distance. Top 3 overall in your gender Limitless – min 5 laps Winter, min 6 laps Summer.
A New Bib System for 2018!
We are also introducing a new bib system, gone are the days of wristband cutting!
If you are aiming to qualify, you must collect a bib from registration. The colour bib will represent how many laps you are doing and will not affect which championship you are aiming to qualify for.
If you are wearing a bib…:
- You are expected to complete every obstacle or its penalty loop alternative and run the full course.
- If you are seen skipping an obstacle or part of the course you will be asked to remove your bib by a marshal and will be disqualified from being able to qualify (you can still run the rest of your race).
- If you are seen to be disrespecting any marshals or other runners on the course, you will be disqualified (it will be the decision of the Nuts Team)
- You can remove yourself from qualification if you do not want to do an obstacle that does not have a penalty loop option. Hand the bib over to a marshal and continue with your race.
- In finishing the last lap, return your bib to where it was collected and your name will be noted as completed and eligible to qualify.
Please then give us 3-5 working days post race to verify the list of names and inform OCRWC and OCREC of the results.
The bibs will also make you more visible to other runners and marshals as someone aiming to qualify.
Emails will be sent out regarding the obstacles and penalty loops closer to your race.
We have introduced this as a means of cutting down on accusations of cheating on the course and people skipping obstacles. This has come from the feedback we have received from both runners and marshals, via emails, face-to-face, and social media.